This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
JLL is seeking an Operating Engineer with Electrical Emphasis in Plano, TX. The Operating Engineer will have a strong focus on electrical, with duties of operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. The responsibilities of the position will require demonstrated technical expertise in multiple craft areas (Specifically Electrical, as well as basic Knowledge of HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, and Central Utility Plant Operations recommended).
* Perform maintenance, monitoring and repairs to all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls), electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), emergency backup systems and hot water system.
* Responsibility for facility services, electrical needs, preventive maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
* Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings. Provide advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building s critical functions and the work they are to perform including an incident contact response list.
* Understand and comply with emergency escalation procedures.
* Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing.
* Ensure the Change Control (Work Authorization) is a well understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building s critical infrastructure.
* Strict adherence to Critical Awareness Process, technical bulletins, established engineering guidelines, processes and procedures.
* Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
* Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing and description.
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace.
* Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory.
* Perform additional job duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABLITIES
* Must have hands on experience with critical systems, including UPS systems, emergency generators and switch-gear.
* Journeyman electrical license is preferred.
* Demonstrated written/verbal communication skills.
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
* Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Must be available for call-in work and be on call.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Two years of trade school in electrical systems and or controls, refrigeration and HVAC recommended.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s (or within 90 days of employment for HVAC required job duties).
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.