Auto Req ID
Electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building. Plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building. Installs, repairs, and maintains mechanical/electrical operating equipment and machinery. Conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. Monitors operation of the mechanical / electrical operating equipment.
* Assists Chief or Lead Engineer in overseeing and monitoring the operation.
* Makes adjustment of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems.
* Monitors operation
* Adjusts and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment, boilers, ventilating and hot water heaters, pumps, valves, piping and filters, and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Records readings.
* Makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
* Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems and/or malfunctions, and take corrective action, as required.
* Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment.
* Assembles all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job.
* Performs work with a minimum amount disruption.
* Conducts immediate cleanup of work area.
* Completes the preventive task sheet.
* Returns all tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room.
* Reports any impending supply or material shortages to the Services Administrator.
* Advises Chief Engineer of any equipment problems.
* Monitors all vendor work.
* Verifies proper workmanship of the sites.
* Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
* Performs all Safety Training as well keep up with documentation in order.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or state equivalent required completion of apprentice program.
* Additionally, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
* Minimum 4 years experience in electrician trade, or related field or minimum four years experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade, or related field or minimum four years experience in emergency backup systems (generators, UPS, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Skilled in use of tools and machinery common to trade and craft.
* Knowledge of OSHA, LEED, ISO-14001, Arc Flash standards and City Codes with respect to electrical systems.
* Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
* Team player, hard worker, and good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* For internal candidates, must consistently receive a meets expectations job performance review.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.