This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Winter Park, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
The Operating Engineer will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, and Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
* Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
* Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
* Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
* Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
* Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
* Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
* Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
* Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
* Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
Education and experience
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
Certification and licenses
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s (or within 90 days of employment)
Skills and knowledge
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel, preferred.
* Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required
Physical work requirements and work conditions
* Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.