zFILLED Operating Room Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
The Operating Room Assistant performs routine and specialized functions relating to technical support under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Function as a member of the Perioperative Services team.
The attached Job Description details the essential functions of your position. The list below is also considered to be essential functions of your position and all employees within Exempla Healthcare are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
* Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
* Be available to work overtime if needed
* Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
* Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the Exempla Service Behaviors
* Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
* Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the Employee Handbook
* Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn
* Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
* High School diploma or GED is preferred or in a current program to obtain with completion within 6 months of hire date
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* BLS ( CPR through the American Heart Association is required upon hire date)