Operating Room Materials Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08749-11767
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Operating Room Materials Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for managing, implementing, measuring, and directing all Supply Chain related activities within the O.R.
SUPERVISOR Supply Chain Director
SUPERVISES - O.R. Supply Chain Technicians and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator
INTERACTIONS O.R. Supply Chain Technicians, O.R. Internal Control Coordinator, O.R. Analyst, O.R. Nurses, OR Directors, SCD, CRD, Surgeons, CSC Internal Control Team
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Clean up and maintain O.R. PAR locations and other master files in the POU and SMART system.
- Manage the OR Supply Chain Technicians and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator.
- Prepares schedule for the onsite O.R. Supply Chain Operations.
- Responsible for the daily Supply Chain Operations within the O.R. to include requisitioning, inventory and delivery of all O.R. supplies.
- Responsible for implementation and management of the O.R. perpetual inventory system (POU) to include supply optimization for all areas managed by Supply Chain.
- Responsible for managing the implementation, cleanup and optimization of the O.R. Meditech Supply Inventory dictionary and Supply Inventory on Physician Preference cards.
- Manages case picking of supplies and works with O.R. clinical staff and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator to maintain accuracy of case picking.
- Works with Clinical Resource Director (CRD) on all O.R. Supply Cost Management projects.
- Responsible for reviewing the clinical and physician survey s and required to develop an action plan (when required) for areas pertinent to areas managed by Supply Chain.
- Serves as O.R. point of contact for sales representatives.
- Maintains effective communication with SCD, O.R. ICC, O.R. Analyst, CRD, O.R. Director, OR Nurses, Surgeons, Revenue Integrity Nurse, and the Facility Management team.
- Authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
- Responsible for procuring specialty items for the OR to include implants where applicable.
- Responsible for the management of OR consignment inventory.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization: proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources.
- Communication: communicates clearly and concisely.
- Leadership: guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- Policies & Procedures: articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- PC Skills: demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required, knowledge of SMART system and Meditech beneficial.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, and demonstrates comprehensive job knowledge.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience. Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 Life Span (geriatric).
- Graduate from Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training
- Minimum of five years of relevant clinical and/or materials experience may be substituted for education above.
- Operating Room experience preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 08/10/2016