Operating Room Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for OPERATING ROOM REGISTERED NURSE for our client in MONTROSE, CO
JOB TITLE: OPERATING ROOM REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: MONTROSE, CO
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Operating Room Registered Nurse
* Specialized knowledge and skills for direct patient care, teaching patients or staff, and evaluating clinical performance of other perioperative staff.
* Acts as a resource within the department to all staff.
* Must be able to circulate and scrub as necessary.
Uses acceptable standards of practice based on nursing process care to provide the individual/family/group with identified perioperative needs.* Coordinates care of the individual/family/group based on AORN Standards of Care.
* Promotes a climate in which consumers well being is recognized at a time when they are unable to do so themselves.
* Used the nursing process to provide age appropriate individual/family/guardian education activities to promote a successful perioperative outcome.
* Works to achieve desired health care outcome by effectively utilizing human and material resources.
* Is accountable for ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to nursing within the scope of practice.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Circulator Duties: During the pre-, intra- and post-op phase, the circulating registered nurse: coordinates the activities of the room, assembles necessary equipment, delegates activities to other team members, implements the nursing process and care plan, serves as the patient advocate, assures a safe environment for the patient, completes documentation accurately, completes a correct sponge, needle and instrument count, informs PACU of special needs.
* Scrub Duties: The scrub nurse: pre-operatively utilizes knowledge of procedure to assemble supplies and instruments pertinent to the procedure; intra-operatively scrubs hands and arms, gowns, gloves and sets up sterile supplies according to standards and department protocol; maintains an accurate account of sponges, needles, and instruments; anticipates surgeons needs to reduce the time for the procedure; ensures that all team members follow principles of aseptic technique.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS, EDUCATION:
* Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a Degree in Nursing.
* Orientation is based on previous knowledge and experience.
* Additional education/training in related field is considered on an individual basis.
* Certification in OR nursing is recommended.
* Active membership in professional organization (AORN) is highly recommended.
* BCLS required upon hire.
* ACLS recommended.
* Must be licensed in the State of Colorado.
* DAYS WITH CALL
* Operating Room / Circulate