Operating Room Registered Nurse - Urology Clinical Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Requires 3 years current Operating Room RN experience with a strong emphasis on urology; current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license; current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) BSN & CNOR certification preferred.
1. Provides direct patient care. Handles procedures and tasks specific to unit\'s patient population. Serves as role model to other staff when providing direct patient care.
2. Makes daily patient rounds. Does random chart audits. Utilizes opportunities to teach and mentor other nursing personnel. Works effectively with Faculty to understand service-based needs as well as assist with onboarding of new Faculty in the operative environment.
3. Helps ensure staff meet established productivity targets as appropriate. Reviews staffing/nursing assignments (if necessary) and revises as necessary to meet the specific needs of the patients on a shift by shift basis.
4. Demonstrates effective problem solving abilities and actively participates in identification and resolution of physician, patient and or family complaints. Reports complaints and intervention to the Clinical Nurse Manager in a timely manner to allow for adequate follow-up. Reports unresolved or escalating situations to Nurse Manager immediately. Follows up on staff issues and ensures feedback to staff member. Engages in effective problem solving with other departments as necessary to meet needs of the patient population served.
5. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage during off shifts when staffing crisis/shortage occurs.
6. Serve as service line expert. Ensure service based equipment and supply needs are met by working with appropriate support departments. Assist in identifying and planning for future equipment, instrumentation, and supply needs.
7. Generates or supervises the generation of event reports during the assigned duty hours. Investigates facts as able. Facilitates timely receipt of these reports and follow-up by the Clinical Nurse Manager. Notifies Nurse Manager/Risk Manager immediately of high risk situations.
8. Actively participates in routine and special patient care conferences. Promotes professional growth of nursing personnel by providing opportunities for active participation in unit based activities, patient care/unit decisions, or hospital committees.
9. Provides input for peer annual performance reviews and orientation evaluation of nursing personnel assigned to the unit. Assist in planning and coordination of staff orientation to core service line, including but not limited to equipment and supplies.
10. Assists with scheduling and daily assignments as needed.
11. Assumes delegated responsibility for inventory control of equipment and supplies to ensure safe and effective patient care. Facilitates timely return of specialty equipment.
12. Assists with staff meeting, special projects and in the development, implementation and evaluation of performance improvement activities. Participates on hospital work groups as requested.
13. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..