Operational Risk Senior Analyst - Delaware Investments (Philadelphia)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRECRUITER: Sophie Miller Chatfield
Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, provides world-class asset management for institutions and individuals. The firm's structure, with distinct and highly focused investment teams, allows for a style-specific research effort tailored for each asset class and a deep understanding of researched companies.
The Philadelphia office is seeking an Operational Risk Senior Analyst to join our Risk Management team to support the Macquarie Investment Management group in North America. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with strong research and problem solving skills to join a successful and growing company, providing recommendations and reviews to various management levels.
About the role:
As the Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for completing the testing of periodic reviews of the operations of the business. The position will play a key role in identifying operational risks, assessing adequacy of controls to manage such risks and contributing to the continual improvement of the risk management framework.
The team's work crosses all business unit functional area lines and, as a result, requires staff members to acquire an in-depth knowledge, understanding, and appreciation for the inter/intra-relationships of each operating area. A high level of professional and technical (risk/auditing/technology) expertise is required.
* Perform operational, compliance, internal control and financial audits/targeted reviews.
* Prepare clear and well-organized audit workpapers that appropriately document the work performed and write clear and meaningful risk comments and recommendations.
* Assist in the preparation of risk-based audit program analysis.
* Complete targeted risk review engagements, working within the parameters of the department's annual plan using budget hours allocated by Management.
* Formulate appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls and procedures based on the work performed and knowledge of other operations in the business.
* Interact with all levels of management and Company employees. Coordinate and convey review findings persuasively and confidently in meetings with management.
* Use automated software tools and stay abreast of current technology utilized by the team and the business.
* Perform special project and related duties, as assigned.
* Contribute to the preparation of audit report drafts and other written communications.
* Gain knowledge of the financial services industry and become familiar with the corporation's products, operations and distribution systems. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
* CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar designation preferred
* Experience in the asset management industry preferred
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or internal auditing, operational risk management, and/or public accounting covering financial services clients
* Strong oral/written communication skills, be able to interact with all levels of personnel, be self-motivated, have excellent organizational and time-management skills, and must be flexible and reliable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 02 Sep 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities