Operations Administrative Assistant - Grand Rapids, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an exciting opening for a professional, organized, and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to support the Operations team at the Distribution Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Reporting to the Director of Operations and with large warehouse volume, this position's key responsibilities are daily operations reports, preparing PowerPoint presentations, creating purchase orders, purchasing and coding invoices and other administrative tasks.
As this position requires someone who will work with a tremendous amount of variety, the ideal candidate
* will be energetic and creative.
* will have a pleasant manner and outgoing personality - someone who is able to work as part of a group and displays team spirit with peers in all departments.
* displays a high level of professionalism and business etiquette, complete discretion and confidentiality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare various spreadsheets and reports on a regular basis for the Director of Operations and the Operations management team.
* Support the Operations team in administrative duties and project requests.
* Coordinate and book travel arrangements.
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations for executive meetings.
* Take meeting minutes and disburse them to all necessary members while occasionally keeping track of action items.
* Prepare expense reports.
* Submit all payables for the location through SAP.
* Load vendors into SAP, maintain relationships with key vendors.
* Purchase all office supplies and miscellaneous distribution center materials.
* File preparation, filing and organizational work.
* Be the go to person for day to day coordination of office activities.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent from a 4-year college and 5 years related experience preferred.
* Must have excellent written, oral and computer communications skills to effectively communicate in person, through letters/emails/reports, and/or over the phone.
* Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to consistently review and edit presentations for appearance, accuracy, consistency, and graphics.
* Experience working with SAP or a similar WMS is desired.
* Strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism and complete discretion and confidentiality.
* A take charge attitude and ability to work diplomatically with all personality types.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
What We Offer
* A competitive compensation package
* Medical insurance with a generous employer contribution
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* 401K Plan with company match
* Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
* Employee assistance plan
* A professional and enjoyable working environment with potential for growth!
Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.