Operations Counselor - Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Community Education Centers, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONCEC is a leading national provider of rehabilitative services for offenders in reentry and in-prison treatment facilities, as well as providing comprehensive management of county, state, and federal jail and detention facilities. The company provides evidence-based programming for residential and non-residential clients and maintains a documented record of reducing recidivism. CEC services also include SECON, a division that conducts comprehensive drug testing and screening services worldwide.
CEC is seeking a professional in the role of Operations Counselor at the Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility (ATEF) located in Columbiana, Alabama. ATEF is a 700+ bed adult male and female residential re-entry program that contracts with the Alabama Department of Corrections.The Harbor, located in Columbiana, Alabama.
As an Operations Counselor, you will work to maintain an orderly environment within assigned unit or area of facility by conducting standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies/procedures and required Department of Corrections 'DOC' contractual obligations. Daily schedules are followed and employee serves as role model for client residents.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervises all resident movement/activities within the assigned unit/area;
* Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports;
* Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary;
* Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention;
* Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents as required;
* Monitors residents' behavior during the daily scheduled recreational activities;
* Enforces the facility rules of conduct with the residents;
* Assists with new arrivals/admissions and discharges residents as required
* High school diploma or GED.
* Knowledge or correctional institutions and/or military procedures.
* Ability to work effectively with residents and aid them in the re-entry process.
* Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly.
* Ability to establish and maintain working relations with staff outside agencies, and the community.
* Valid driver's license.
* Knowledge of particular skill area such as recreation, maintenance, cleaning, transportation, and safety and security.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k).
To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://cec.contacthr.com/50576717.jpg