Operations & Dispatch Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JK Moving Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The JKMD Operations Manager is a leader responsible for
overseeing operational activities of all aspects within
the MD Household Goods and Commercial Divisions.
Responsible for driving profitability levels by
efficiently managing headcount, inventory, operational
metrics and workflow processes. The Operations Manager
will manage a frontline staff of dispatchers, warehouse
personnel, drivers and crew level employees to ensure a
positive and professional culture supportive of fleet
operations and driver needs. This position leads
performance coaching, providing ongoing development,
annual appraisals and successful conflict resolution.
Ensures day to day operations execute flawlessly to
ensure service levels to clients and third-party
affiliates meet/exceed contractual requirements, company
standards, and standard operating procedures.
* Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year
college or technical school.
* 3-5 years of experience in the moving and storage
industry, or, a transportation company.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven track record of successfully managing on-site
and off-site employees at multiple levels.
* Proficient using MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and
operational tracking systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Effectively manages employees reporting directly to
the position, providing communication, leadership,
motivation, development, and discipline in order to
promote quality performance and achievement of
financial and quality objectives.
* Work with Human Resources to recruit, train, and
retrain workers for the MD division
* Support sales staff through communication of
manpower and equipment utilization; ensure proper
resources are matched with workload.
* Effectively manages a contractor workforce to ensure
the highest quality service to customers and
achievement of operational objectives.
* Oversees operation financial issues - minimizing
claims, maximizing revenues, and controlling
* Provides for the protection, maintenance and custody
of company assets through the adherence to federal,
state and company safety and compliance standards by
all crew members.
* Ensures that all household and commercial jobs are
properly dispatched with appropriate personnel and
equipment resources allocated to ensure the highest
level of quality and efficiency.
* Ensures all paperwork and documentation is processed
in a timely manner, allowing the Accounting
department to perform its function in an accurate
and timely manner.
* Manages the Warehouse to efficiently receive,
inventory, store, and deliver out customer property
without claims for loss or damage.
* Understands customer expectations and particulars of
job assignments are communicated to individuals
performing the work as appropriate.
* Focuses on leading an Operations department that
consistently exceeds the expectations of internal
and external customers.
* Confers and cooperates with other management
personnel in formulating administrative and
operational policies and procedures.
* Enforces compliance with administrative policies,
procedures, safety rules, and government
* Responsibly directs investigations into causes of
customer or shipper complaints and responds
* Manages subordinate supervisors responsible for crew
level and dispatch operations employees.
About JK Moving Services:
JK Moving Services seeks dedicated, high performers to
join our management team. At JK, we strive to attract
the best and the brightest who will bring their unique
abilities and help take our company to the next level.
If you are looking for an organization where you can use
your talents and have a real impact on company
performance - you ve come to the right place.
JK isn t just a moving company, it s a team of trained
and dedicated professionals providing worry-free,
full-service relocation to a variety of clients, from
military service members to commercial customers to our
next-door neighbors. Our dedication is apparent in
everything we do in the way we treat our employees,
the way we give back to the community, and in the way we
do whatever it takes to ensure the best experience
possible for our customers.
Founded in 1981, JK is now the third largest independent
moving company in the U.S. with more than 500 full-time
professionals serving our clients. JK is the mover of
choice for Fortune 100 and 500 companies, and some of
our high-profile clients include U.S. Presidents,
dignitaries, professional athletes, and our own
neighbors, who have honored us with a 98% satisfaction
rating. Over the years, JK has received many accolades
including 2013 Fleet Safety Award, American Moving &
Storage Association (AMSA); 2013 Moving Company of the
Year, Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of
Greater Washington, DC (CREBA; formerly, GWCAR); and
2014 and 2015 Best Mover in the Region, Northern
Virginia Magazine and Leesburg Today.
Our benefits package includes:
* competitive salaries,
* medical/dental/vision insurance coverage for
employees and their family members;
* company-paid life insurance;
* company-funded profit sharing & safe harbor
retirement contributions even if the employee does
not defer their own compensation;
* flexible spending (FSA) and health savings accounts
* paid time off that increases with tenure;
* referral bonuses and service award and recognition
* tuition assistance;
* employee financial wellness programs; and a
* company-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer