Operations Electronic Technician II (Installer II)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for an Operations Electronic Technician II in our Columbia, SC location.
* Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming conventional and addressable fire alarm, security, nurse call, intercom, CCTV Systems and other related building systems products.
* Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
* Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic fire systems.
* Overtime may be required during busy project schedules.
* Three (3) years experience in Fire Alarm or Integrated Security Systems maintenance.
* Two (2) year associate degree in a technical field such as electronics, electricity or equivalent.
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
* Networking and computer programming skills desired.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer interaction skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Pass criminal background check and drug test.
* Have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
* Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* Self starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
* NICET certification Level II or higher in Fire Alarm and/or Video Security Systems.
* Computer network experience.
* Electrical Installation experience.
SimplexGrinnell, 3243 Sunset Blvd, West Columbia, SC 29169.
All applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager.