Operations Engineering Rotation Associate 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The TE Operations Engineering Rotation Program is designed to provide participants with broad exposure to various Operations and organizations of the company and enable a base of knowledge for the associate that is important to learn in order to hold various leadership responsibilities in both Engineering and Operations. This rotational career opportunity is aimed to learning and gaining experience in a core manufacturing process within TE. This core manufacturing process will be Assembly Automation. The program consists of four six month rotations in multiple areas where this core process is utilized and accompanied by a robust technical and leadership curriculum. At the conclusion of the two year program, participants will be candidates for leading technical or management roles across the company in this core manufacturing process. The Operations Rotational Program provides individuals with future leadership opportunities with TE Operations.
Positions will most likely be based in North or South Carolina and the candidates will experience travel to various regional locations and around the globe. Temporary global assignments may be experienced or required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
As an Operations Engineering Core Manufacturing Processes Rotation Associate, your responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
* Shadowing, assisting and learning from the global leaders of the Assembly Center of Excellence (CoE).
* Learning the core manufacturing process and being an advocate of sharing best practices from one plant to another.
* Participating in the innovation and development of continuous improvement techniques within the core manufacturing process.
* Leading and managing an innovation and development project for designing and building a system to assemble components with Robotics / Automation.
* Learning how to collaborate with and understanding various functional areas such as Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Supplier Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, Development Engineering, Product Engineering, Finance and others.
* Applying lean principles as it relates to improving the core manufacturing process.
* Evaluating the business impact of various improvements to the core manufacturing process.
* Eligible candidates are recent college graduates (graduating between December 2016 - June 2017) with 0-2 years of industry experience
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related degrees considered applicable.
* Strong academic background in Robotics and Machine Controls are desired.
* Mechanical automation construction background is desired.
* Programming skills are desired.
* Lean manufacturing knowledge/experience is a plus
** This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship**