Operations Executive Analyst 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AeroFarms, the commercial leader in vertical controlled environment agriculture, is seeking an Operations Executive Analyst for the Chief Operations Officer (COO) with exceptional writing and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously, strong attention to detail, and good analytical skills.
AeroFarms is dedicated to enabling local production at commercial scale in different markets throughout the world. We are focused on developing local farms that grow flavorful, safe, pesticide-free produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple and transparent supply chain. As we scale, we are looking for dedicated people who can help us address our global food crisis and fundamentally transform agriculture.
AeroFarms is opening a new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ that will be the world's largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and herbs and will serve the NY Metro area. AeroFarms plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in additional cities in the near-term.
Operations Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Operations Executive Analyst will assist in the development of processes to establish AeroFarms as the world's leader in local produce production. The successful candidate will work with the COO and leadership team to execute its strategic plan while ensuring that all members of staff have the capacity and opportunity to contribute to achieving the company's mission.
The Operations Executive Analyst will experience significant exposure to various aspects of the company's business and to senior management through involvement in management meetings and special projects and assignments. This will be an optimal position to gain a wide scope of experience needed to cement a successful career in business.
In support of the COO
* Evaluate, develop and improve tracking systems and tools to support management
* Compile weekly reports and distribute to management team
* Record meeting minutes and distribute
* Perform administrative activities
* Analyze performance metrics and assist in the development and maintenance of department dashboards
* Review resumes and arrange interviews to assist in building organizational talent necessary for success
* Implement and help enforce evolving personnel policies
* Draft and review communication on behalf of the COO
* Keep the COO abreast of internal issues
* Ensure that meetings with the COO have clear objectives and adequate preparation
* Attend and record notes in meetings when the COO is absent
In support of Operations Leadership Team
* Assist with expense reports
* Book travel
* Compile information to submit to Management and Board
* Order and set-up computers; assist with minor IT issues
The Operations Executive Analyst will:
* Support a positive organizational culture that reflects the company's vision and values
* Operate with urgency to create innovative solutions
* Lead by example by adhering to high standards of performance and behavior
* Question assumptions to discover new ways of achieving greater goals
* Maintain open and positive communication with the staff, model effective management, and respond to staff concerns and needs with timely solutionsConvey a passion for AeroFarms in the communities where it works.
* 2+ years in administration, project management and/or business desired
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to collaborate with other members of the organization
* Ability to respect and maintain confidential information
* Be detail-oriented, well-organized and have a strong energy level and personality
* University educated with a demonstrated track record of academic excellence