This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We re looking for a dynamic individual as a Lead Merchandise Handler to assist in the management of the back of house operations and to provide leadership and direction to the department team. The individual we seek demonstrates initiative, can work independently and can prioritize daily tasks to meet changing business needs.
* Monitor and supervise placement of merchandise both on the selling floor and in the stockroom according to visual, safety and efficiency standards.
* Supervise and verify incoming and outgoing trailers and manifests.
* Assume leadership role in absence of Assistant Operations Manager; troubleshoot when needed.
* Promote team environment; coach and motivate department members; delegate and develop skill set of team; provide regular and constructive feedback.
* Communicate internal and external concerns to manager; communicate company, store and department information to associates.
* Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of store s PC s and registers.
* Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned such as ordering store supplies and staff scheduling.
* TEAM BUILDER
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* 6 months to 2 years of experience with merchandise handling, inventory and maintenance issues, preferred.
* Experience in maintaining/troubleshooting IT and POS equipment, preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer