Operations Manager - Assembly 9/1/2016
Atrenne Computing Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Atrenne Integrated Solutions designs, builds and delivers complex, integrated electronic solutions that exceed performance criteria and do not fail, in critical applications. Serving aerospace, defense, communications, simulation, industrial and other technology-driven industries, Atrenne is able to deliver integrated components, electronic packaging, complex electronic assemblies and value-add build-to-print manufacturing services to industrial markets across the globe.
With more than 40 years of experience, Atrenne Computing Solutions, located in Brockton, MA, provides innovatively engineered products and services throughout the program lifecycle, from concept to manufacturing to obsolescence management. Atrenne is proud to provide customers with fully-tested, reliable, electromechanical solutions on-time and with world-class quality.
The company is currently seeking an Operations Manager to direct the assembly and integration of products.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the focus of this position will be to effectively lead the assembly operations team to achieve daily production, quality, cost and delivery requirements in support of the plant's operating plan.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain staffing and capacity plans in a complex department. This position should be able to positively manage a skilled workforce and continue the lean culture that exists and focus on continuous operational improvements.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide overall direction and coordination of the Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Cable/Harness assembly and Stockroom departments to carry out company objectives of producing high quality products at lowest possible cost for on-time delivery.
2. Facilitates weekly backlog review meeting providing up to date status to program management, sales and management, driving early notification and back-up planning for customers as a result of possible schedule changes.
3. Confers with program management, planning, process engineering, quality and design staff concerning product design, tooling, testing, and customer requirements to ensure efficient production methods and scheduling. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing and process methods and scheduling.
4. Interfaces with internal and external component suppliers to insure timely delivery of quality component parts required for production assembly.
5. Oversee front line supervisors responsible for work areas within wire harness and assembly departments.
6. Analyzes and manages product and department costs, budgets and financial performance
Bachelor's degree, major in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with 10-15 years manufacturing experience with a focus on electro-mechanical assemblies.
* Has the ability to energize and motivate people and to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change in a fast-paced work environment
* Proven track record of creating, implementing and/or sustaining a lean operation
* Has led manufacturing organizations with a high level of integrity and accountability
* Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement
Atrenne is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace.
EOE/D/M/F/Veteran Friendly Employer
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Atrenne Computing Solutions participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.