Operations Manager, CDx
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are a global leader in diagnostics and genomics solutions for research and clinical laboratories. Hospitals and research laboratories worldwide use Agilent s Dako reagents, instruments, software and expertise to make accurate tissue-based diagnoses and determine the most effective treatment for cancer patients.
The Companion Diagnostics division within Agilent develops, manufactures, registers and commercializes companion diagnostic tests that is key in selecting cancer patients for their right drug treatments. We are growing with a fast speed and now have more than 150 employees, primarily located in California, US. With our recent release of two new PD-L1 tests for lung cancer and melanoma patients, Agilent continues to be considered a global leader within companion diagnostics.
The CDx division operates as a fee-for-service provider to the pharmaceutical oncology industry and our business model requires a close internal tracking of all the activities we undertake to support our pharmaceutical customers. In addition, new potential fee-for-service areas have arisen and we need an Operations Manager to help creating clear overview and transparency into the division.
* Provide the general manager (GM) of CDx with weekly updates on CDx financial and resource overview estimates
* Develop tools to support project managers (PM s) in creating project related financial- and capacity overviews
o Maintain/optimize relevant templates (Project Change Requests, Invoice-templates, Project Status Report templates, Expense Reports, etc.)
o Maintain CDx operational share-drive files
o Support PM s in navigating in Agilent BMS/Oracle/SAP systems
o Support PM s in establishing new Business Cases with regard to the Financial Overview and Capacity Planning
* Track project changes from a financial and resource capacity perspective
o Facilitate status report meetings with PM s and Program Managers.
o Maintain the CDx revenue projection tool
* Track functional capacity changes and plan for capacity changes
o Facilitate status report meetings with functional leads
* Develop tools to support a new business model within the CDx Histo-Pathology function
o Track the Histo-Pathology P/L changes
* Develop tools to measure project (financial and resource capacity) efficiency and define project efficiency KPI s
* Track project efficiency changes
o Work with IT on time-registration and invoicing systems
o Develop tools to support the CDx Histo-Pathology function with consultancy planning and execution
Geography: Carpinteria, CA, centrally located within 20 miles of Santa Barbara and Ventura.
* Understanding of the diagnostic business area
* Strong background and work experience in Finance
* Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Budget development and oversight experience
* Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
* Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working/management style
* Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
* Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
* Ability to look at situations from several points of view
* Persuasive with details and facts
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.