This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision and the proper utilization of manpower, equipment (and space). Key responsibilities include: Staffing, warehouse operations, maintenance of the facility and equipment, implementation of safety, security, housekeeping and sanitation programs, (budgeting) and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Direct the operations of the warehouse supervisory, lead and regular personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility and of all warehouse equipment.
* Develop, implement and improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - Work with the Distribution Center Manager to establish and ensure the execution of operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and inventory accuracy, and driving active safety programs.
* Candidate must be able to develop work plans to ensure appropriate staffing levels while managing overtime in a way that takes into consideration P&L, work-life balance, and the need to always meet the expectations of the customer
* Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property. Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following K+N safety policies and procedures - monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Continuously assess, train, coach, mentor and develop personnel - Coach, trains, and develop Associates informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback.
* Plan long range labor needs based on customer sales forecasts and input from Management.
* Identify, assess and pursue continuous improvement opportunities and make recommendations to Distribution Center Manager (DCM) on programs to improve operations.
* Implement a lean culture and continuous improvement attitude in the operations together with Management.
* Organize/ hold / attend daily warehouse meetings - essentially daily shift start meeting including the use of the communication board for special assignments etc.
* Interact with DCM and Warehouse Supervisors to establish clear, ambitious, yet attainable goals and objectives in all business areas (operations, quality and service, QSHE, profitability, etc.)
* Create and manage housekeeping program in warehouse.
* Inventory control / management - Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each area in the warehouse, direct the inventory lead person and contribute to the development and implementation and direction of programs to ensure inventory and asset security
* Work with Customer Production Department Managers to develop smooth flow of finished goods into the warehouse for both shipping and storage - identify issues, report them, suggest improvements
* Manage a staff of supervisors and associates in a 24/7 environment, able to work a flexible schedule and ability to be on call at various times. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Manage OT and work orders and ensure operations profitability based on current service agreement and pricing structure
* Manage and drive Quality, Safety, Health, Enviroment & Security (QSHE) implementation and compliance - work closely with Local QSHE Manager (LQM)
* Report operational issues and IT issues
* Manage staff, set expectations and objectives for individuals, ensure accountability and environment open for new ideas and creative improvement process
* Team Leadership: Ability to build and encourage a positive teamwork environment, develop team and individuals and manage achievements and recognition.
* Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities; models K+N anchor principles and values.
* Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
* Performance and Result Orientation: Drives performance in a way that takes into consideration multiple and sometimes competing priorities, keeping the goal in sight and reaching agreed results.
* Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business through the eyes of the Customer, reacts quickly and flexibly to ever evolving customer demands
* Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
* Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
* Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Five years of management experience, managing productivity and labor planning in a high volume, fast paced, distribution environment - Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Background is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in business discipline or logistics preferred.
* Strong operational background with a track record of continuous improvement
* Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
* Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment, working knowledge of WMS technologies (specifically ORACLE)
* Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates, proven developer of individuals and teams.