This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Midland States Bank
This is a position with the Midland Institute for Entrepreneurship, a 501(c)(3) organization. Founded in 2010, the Midland Institute for Entrepreneurship partners with communities throughout the United States to establish and maintain quality CEO programs. Our vision is to be the standard for entrepreneurship education in the United States. We do that by providing world class customer service, guidance, and content to our CEO communities. For more information, please visit www.midlandinstitute.com.
The Midland Institute for Entrepreneurship has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The board and executive director (ED) are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, problem solving and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization and developing a performance culture. The Operations manager will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the organization. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
The Operations Manager must be a leader who is able to help others at the Institute deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful Operations Manager will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. While it is essential that this position bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, it is also critical that the team retain the creative spark that drives the CEO concept.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director of The Midland Institute, the Operations Manager will lead internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
* Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
* Financial - Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
* Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedure.
* Human Resources Establish human resources functions that may include: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting. Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff (Office Manager, Communications Director, and Technology). Monitor and evaluate performance.
* Production - Coordinate and monitor the work involved in production, pricing and distribution. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Provide technical support where necessary.
* Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Marketing/Social Media, and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
* Sales and Marketing - Support sales and marketing activities.
* Strategic Input - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans. Assisting the Executive Director by supporting the work of spreading the CEO message and executing the vision for moving forward. Working in partnership with the Founder and ED, constantly reviewing the strategic plan and implementing new processes and approaches to achieve it. Functioning as part of the leadership team, including regular meetings with ED.
* Risk Management Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc. Oversee organizational insurance policies.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of CEO and the Institute and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead educational and economic change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
Additional requirements are:
* Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
* Strategic Vision and Agility ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
* Capacity Building ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
* Leadership and Organization exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
* Action Oriented enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation;
* General Management thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
* Solid educational background undergraduate degree a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record.