Residential Route Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Waste Pro, USA
Fort Myers, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWaste Pro of Fl in Fort Myers has an immediate opening for an experienced Operations Manager. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including performance bonuses, insurances, and paid time off.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager has primary responsibility for providing oversight, coordination, supervision, planning, administration, training and logistical support to one or more facilities. Work effort weighs heavily on the safe and successful collection, transportation and disposal of residential/commercial solid waste and recyclables. This role requires superior organizational skills that help in driving continuous improvement surrounding operations, clients, and employees. This manager will build rapport with both internal/external clients and strive to maintain business commitments that allow fulfillment of defined service level agreements. The operations leader will build a high performance team by exercising superior judgment and the proper balance of command and control. Determining appropriate staffing levels required to meet seasonal demands, monitoring metrics, and measuring team performance to exceed production and performance targets are key.Overall and in partnership with the Division/District Manager(s) the operations leader will meet defined objectives, provide timely reporting, training, coaching and discipline. Issues/concerns as needed are escalated to the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees day-to-day operations of the transportation, hauling and support operations, ensuring superior customer service and hauling of refuse without contamination of air, land or water.
2. Formulates, manages and monitors operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, operational and customer service performance.
3. Participates in the development of Divisional/District Operational budgets and follows best practices in measuring and monitoring.
4. Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all incidents/injuries and follows up with needed training, discipline, retraining, reporting.
5. Participates regularly in review of Operations department, including assisting with selection, coaching, employee discipline, performance evaluation and training.
6. Provides input into termination, compensation, bonus eligibility and promotion decisions.\
7. Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction the Division/District Manager(s), Facility Manager and RVP.
8. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; programs are developed and in place for appropriate resource allocation, equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and controlled use of labor and material costs.
9. Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to enhance business relationships, promotes community involvement and ensures customer satisfaction.
10. Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations issues, build rapport and champion team spirit.
11. Assists with development, implementation, and coordination of safety programs for the Division/District, and monitors work processes, procedures and expenses required to drive team performance, achievement goals while proactively working to reduce risk.
12. Conducts monthly or bi-monthly route observations to confirm compliance with high standards of customer satisfaction and in compliance with Fed, State and Local Regulations/contracts.
13. Monitors routing information required to maintain most efficient use of vehicles equipment and personnel. Closes daily routes
14. Consults with municipal officials and community groups to foster key client relationships and business partnerships
15. Monitors DOT, OSHA and ensures regulatory compliance.
16. Serves as a liaison with the HR and Safety Departments to develop and implement technical and non-technical training.
17. Provides oversight for all operational safety related training and mentors field operational supervisors in safety processes.
18. Respond to critical incidents at any time of day or night.
19. Analyzes work and seasonal demand on a daily basis to determine appropriate staffing levels and task execution. Maintains an overall positive attitude toward leaders, colleagues, direct reports and customers
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Normal setting for this job is carried out in office, field and maintenance facilities.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in transportation, construction and/or waste services.
* Minimum five (5) years of diverse management experience.
* Solid project management and resource planning capabilities.
* Ability to lead, direct, and delegate
* Prior experience and ability to effectively motivate, coach and counsel
* Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is essential
* Proficiency in using computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook) to record, analyzes, report and share information.
* Must possess basic math skills; be fluent in speaking, reading, writing and understanding English.
* Specialized understanding of DOT, OSHA regulations and requirements.
* Experienced in analyzing processes, summarizing and making recommendations to managers.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
* Seasoned grasp of Waste industry concepts, practices and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to work with challenging clients to build rapport.
* Experience preparing and managing to budgets and resolving employee relations issues as required.
* Ability to manage complex and dynamic situations requiring a well developed sense of strategic/tactical priorities and urgency.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort and on occasion lifting/moving objects that may weigh 40 pounds or more;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, bruises, exposure to machinery/heavy equipment, etc.);
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements regularly;
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* CDL license preferred.
* IF CDL license held, DOT Medical Card maintained or qualified to obtain as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.