Operations Manager 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OPERATIONS MANAGER;
We are seeking an individual that has demonstrated knowledge and experience in dealing with all facets of Plant Operations, including but not limited to; Receiving, Grading/Sorting, Processing, Production Planning, Maintenance. Successful candidate must also have experience in facilitating achievements in GFSI third party certifications, such as BRC and SQF.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list not all inclusive)
Ensure the timely production of fruit from incoming and grading through the production and testing phases, up to and including verification and preparation of production and/or pack plans to provide for timely delivery to the customer.
Provide for efficient operations by establishing and maintaining accurate inventory levels. In this effort responsibilities include trouble shooting equipment problems and working with Shipping and Receiving to set up and schedule crop deliveries.
Provide for necessary production scheduling by analyzing department efficiencies and reviewing accuracy of reporting through both computerized and manual tracking methods.
Provide efficient operations by monitoring the processing and packaging of products and assumes responsibility for product performance, cost quality and delivery.
Provide for effective communication with Production, Shipping and Receiving, Yard and Warehouse, Quality Control, and Maintenance by communicating any issues, current or potential, regarding scheduling personnel needed to meet the production requirements.
* Minimum of 5 years in management/leadership role.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience managing all facets of a plant environment.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment is required and food processing preferred.
* Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
* Problem Solving and Planning: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions.
* Forward thinker.
* Good language and computer skills.