This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural propane needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: The Operations Manager under general direction of the Director Operations helps drive operational execution targets that drive the achievement of financial benchmarks of the region. The Operations Manager oversees and performs training and daily management of the Delivery Drivers, Installation Specialists, Material Handlers, and administration personnel of field offices as assigned, in order to safely achieve service unit operational targets.
Incumbent is an expert on all Driver, Installation Specialists, Material Handler, and administrative support methods to coach, mentor and train those positions to perform at the highest level of safety and efficiency. This position requires high safety standards, technical knowledge and skills to ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures and regulations. This position typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and 5-8 years of experience managing employees in a field operational environment.
The Operations Manager must also be conversant in company forecast planning, delivery route planning and creation software in order to provide periodic back up to Logistic Specialists roles. This involves the monthly, weekly, and daily management of labor and fleet asset to meet customer and business expectations.
* Manages daily operations of service unit locations as assigned this includes but is not limited to personnel, inventory, and fleet managing all related operational expenses.
* Drives a growth culture within team.
* Focuses on competitive markets in order to work with sales in retaining and developing accounts in their assigned area.
* Forms relationships with key customers and community influencers to assist in business growth opportunities.
* Ensures accountability for actual performance of Delivery Drivers, Installation Specialists, Material handlers and administrative support compared to planned performance.
* Ensures accountability for performance of service quality and productivity metrics.
* Acts as the subject matter expert on DOT, Delivery Methods, Installation process and regulations, Material Handling , and Administrative Support methods, Technical Operations (Safety).
* Reviews and manages vehicle, Employee and DOT compliance to prevent out of compliance issues.
* Manages month end inventory management and reporting.
* Works with Operations Supervisor to ensure all Safety Meetings (Flashnotes) are completed in a timely manner.
* Works with Logistics Supervisor to ensure a working and up to date on call schedule and rotation in place and communicated.
* Hires, fires, manages, mentors, and coaches Drivers, DIS and Material Handlers.
* Reports incidents to risk management
* Drives to reach DCF and financial goals.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field.
* 5-8 years' experience managing employees in a field operations environment
* Knowledge of DOT and experience managing a Fleet and Drivers to DOT requirements.
* Propane Gas or related experience, especially pertaining to Hazardous Material Handling
Personnel Credentials, Knowledge and Aptitudes
* CDL with hazmat endorsement
* Mechanical and Technical Aptitude
* Demonstrated ability to manage compliance requirements
* Ability to study, learn and apply code requirements as needed
* High level of motivation
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and time management skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities across multiple locations
* Ability to formulate and direct data analyses pertaining to field operations processes to identify problems and resolutions
* Experience taking care of assets
* Ability to plan in detail and communicate the detailed plan
* Ability to organize and motivate in leading by example
* Ability to thrive in a constantly changing chaotic environment and consistently meet tight deadlines
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: operations, manage, transportation, DOT, OSHA, training, coaching, supervise, propane, LP