This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Operations Manager K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The Operations Manager supervises K12 s third party logistics warehouse (3PL) provider. K12 s 3PL fulfills and ships course materials and computers to K12 students, teachers, families and school leaders. K12 s operations are hyper seasonal and the Operations Manager is responsible for monitoring the day-to-day execution of our 3PLs, ensuring course product is fulfilled in a rapid, accurate, cost effective manner at all times during the year. This role schedules the production of over 600,000+ material course kits annually and works with K12 s various business line leaders to plan, expedite and resolve all logistical challenges. This role also manages inbound vendor freight and carriers.
AS AN OPERATIONS MANAGER YOU WILL . . .
* Supervise day-to-day activities with warehouse teams assigned to the K12 Inc s 3PL . account
* Review daily reports and ensure 3PL and freight providers meet contracted service level agreements (SLA s) for orders;
* Validate daily order plans using K12 Inc. s proprietary order management system and communicate any unplanned order events to 3PL;
* Facilitate weekly operations meetings with 3PL vendors;
* Create work orders and create the schedule for the production of course kits. This involves coordinating with our vendor to manage weekly capacity during our peak kitting season and our required demand for fulfillment; Each unique SKU (kit) needs to be available in each facility for fulfillment by 7/1, K12 Q1;
* Work closely with the procurement department as production plans are finalized based on inbound vendor purchase orders;
* Review transfer and inbound freight costs to ensure that K12 is receiving best possible rates, work with vendors as required;
* Monitor inbound vendor freight shipments to confirm deliveries are made as directed by K12;
* Work with carriers to, obtain quotes, coordinate pick-ups of freight being delivered to or shipping from K12 Inc.;
* Provide international shipping quotes to all business line upon requests;
* Handle and work with International carrier to validate addresses, contact information; resolve customs clearance issues with international carriers to ensure delivery in a timely manner;
* Coordinate any truckload (TL) or less than truckload (LTL) shipments to schools, or vendors; determine what is the economical shipping method based on the order profile;
* Act as point of contact for all material escalations issues, e.g. returned to senders, damaged in transit, missing paperwork, etc.;
* Update supply chain metrics on a weekly basis to reflect prior week s distribution facilities activities;
* Make site visits as needed to distribution facilities approximately 4-5 times per year.
* Develop and maintain inbound shipping guide; work with suppliers to ensure adherence to guide.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
* Integrity/Ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support company values, and convey good news and bad.
* Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree AND
* Fours (4) years of supply chain management supervisory experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Able to work extended hours and weekends as necessary, particularly during peak season July to September.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
* Self-motivated, focused and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to students and customer
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to travel 6-10 times each year to distribution sites located in Kentucky
* Ability to pass required background check
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend