Operations Manager, Hot Mix Asphalt
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Primarily responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the hot mix asphalt facilities to ensure production goals are completed within budgetary constraints and that any additional costs are justified, and that the work meets quality standards of the Company, and the customer. Cultivates and maintains a strong safety culture throughout the product line and the region, and holds direct reports accountable for doing the same.
* Maintains a safe working environment and safety working practices in all plant operations.
* Directs and manages the day-to-day operations of the hot mix asphalt facilities.
* Establishes policies and procedures as they relate to budget planning, production planning, staffing, overtime and inventory management
* Oversees large projects such as new plant set-up or modifications, including coordinating contractors, budgets, cost control, start-up and post-project reviews.
* Responsible for defending and implementing capital budgets, operating budgets, and operating costs, while achieving the economic goals of the Company.
* Works with the sales team to coordinate production to meet customer needs, and identifies and develops new uses/applications for existing products and developing new products.
* Provides continuous, constructive feedback to the Area Managers and their subordinates to ensure high productivity, reduced downtime and zero at fault accidents.
* BS Degree preferred, in an engineering discipline such as Mine Engineering, Civil Engineering or Geology
* A minimum of five (5) years of prior experience in hot mix asphalt production
* Knowledge of the capability and proper utilization of machinery and equipment used in dredging, drilling, loading, transporting, crushing, conveying, screening, and stockpiling building materials.
* Working knowledge of regulations and regulatory agencies such as MSHA, OSHA, EPA, zoning laws, DOT regulations and employment laws.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Ability to coach and develop team members, and to obtain results through others
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: