Operations Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
This position is responsible for the operational management of the associated lines of business within the Electric Construction group in Norwich, CT and reports directly to the General Manager Northeast Operations.
This position s span of control includes the development, directing and managing of; regional operational development plans (strategic and tactical), P&L management, implementation of operating platforms( Project Management, Safety, and Business Development), operational coordination of client development programs, labor and talent management initiatives, risk management programs and regional communications and culture development.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Operational Development- To develop New England Utilities management to insure attainment of operational goals and develop the required bench strength through all layers of Operational Management.
* Operational Performance assure top operational capability, performance, efficiency and profitability at all levels in the organization.
* Safety assure industry leading safety performance, as measured through leading and lagging indicators and to insure best in class safety programs are in place and producing results and unnecessary business risk is abated
* Implement strategic operating platforms (Business Development, Project Management, Safety, and HR)
* Achieve or exceed targeted P&L objectives through management of revenue, overhead and cash flow
* Develop an operating culture where company core values are the foundation of how clients, employees, vendors and sub-contractors all work together in the attainment of regional business goals
* Provides senior leadership to business unit operations, demonstrating vision, experience and maturity. This will include managing and interacting with New England Utilities Directors and Managers at all levels. Focus will be on enhancement of core competencies by New England Utilities, as well as bundling and performing combined services.
* Measures and monitors and directs the progress of a line of work relative to identified goals: safety, quality, profitability, etc.
* Responsible for communicating the status of performance to all operations personnel through regular contact. This includes chaired meetings, conference calls, and visits to field operations.
* Oversees equipment requirements for the New England Utilities, participating in annual budget requests, maintenance programs and disposition. Working closely with each New England Utilities manager, Equipment Manager to insure the best ROI on equipment assets.
* Facilitate the development of annual financial forecasts and business plan for New England Utilities. Includes ownership of the planning process for New England Utilities.
* Lead New England Utilities in the advancement of all Safety Transformation initiatives. Provide strong support to Safety Program, including strong management of non-compliance. Will take a proactive role working with the Safety Manager(s) and New England Utilities Management.
* Adherence to Peak Performance and Continuous Improvement goals.
* Responsible for all estimating and bidding within the organization. This includes oversight of the estimating process for all New England Utilities. This will include bid process management, up through final bid review and approval.
* Review P/L tracking with operations groups at the project level. This will also include overall ownership of project deliverables, negotiating and approving change orders and handling escalated billing/collection issues.
* Engage in industry activities, staying abreast of emerging technologies or construction techniques, new equipment, material and tools.
* Actively participate in the development of staff, taking a significant role in charting the career advancement of subordinates to insure they reach their full potential and supporting the Leadership Development Process.
* Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
* 10 plus years in a senior leadership position in a related field or company
* Proven performance in running a business or large operational business unit
* Significant progressive construction experience.
* Must have a strong proven track record of operational management, project performance, and project profitability and employee development.
* Very strong preference for candidates who have self-performing utility construction experience, with a strong background in various types of utility work.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at moderate skill level.