This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
This position is responsible for planning and implementing all plant activities to assure optimum productivity, efficiency, and material utilization are obtained while conforming to all plant quality system specifications, standards, and policies in the manufacturing of all products. This position is responsible for providing effective leadership in the development and implementation of a long term strategic plan that will engage all plant personnel in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Operations and Continuous Improvement:
* Develop, implement and ensure manufacturing plan performance.
* Perform regular analysis as a means for identifying variances, highlighting opportunities, and developing effective action plans.
* Drive daily, weekly and monthly meetings and actions to address Top 5 issues.
* Drive formation and utilization of Reliability Improvement Teams.
* Develop, implement and ensure a Continuous Improvement plan inclusive of Corporate and plant initiated strategies designed to drive process and productivity improvements, identify capital and/or operating expense projects, and engage all plant personnel in the CI process.
* Use fact-based analysis to prioritize improvement opportunities.
* Identify major issues and determine most effective manufacturing strategy.
* Develop, implement and monitor plans around relevant performance metrics.
* Develop three (3) year capital plan based on business growth initiatives and cost savings.
* Identify manufacturing costs for three (3) year strategy.
* Lead the Productivity Improvement Process in meeting cost savings goals.
* Serve as the facility s liaison with the corporate CI team.
* Identify, provide or deliver training on lean manufacturing techniques to all levels of the organization.
* Facilitate team CI events comprised of both hourly and management employees.
* Communicate with Business Units CI Managers to leverage best practices.
* Oversee plant sanitation process.
Title: Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, continued:
* Develop and maintain operating budgets.
* Oversee plant expenditures, ensuring the plant meets its financial objectives.
* Ensure direct reports are aware and understand corporate business and financial goals.
* Drive cost containment initiatives and reductions.
* Participate in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes and meetings, as appropriate.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
* Ensure effective safety and environmental programs, systems, policies, training and audits.
* Ensure compliance with OSHA, DNR, & EPA regulations.
* Develop and participate in audits.
* Develop and ensure accomplishment of safety targets and initiatives.
* Maintain/exceed environmental goals.
Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Brand Development:
* Fully implement and maintain SQF 2000 Certified System requirements, including training verification, within area of responsibility.
* Champion all quality standards on the manufacturing floor.
* Develop and ensure manufacturing plans that achieve service targets, align with inventory goals and support strategic deployment of resources in support of Sales and Operations Planning.
* Receive and analyze customer feedback and consumer complaints, utilizing data to drive improvement initiatives and consumer complaint reductions.
* Assure regulatory compliance.
* Partner with Research & Development and Marketing to identify ways in which to add brand value.
Employee Relations, Individual and Team Development:
* Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and accountability.
* Foster a firm, fair and positive employee relations program in accordance with plant and corporate policy.
* Administer performance management processes.
* Identify critical areas for training and development.
This position provides direct and indirect supervision, and is responsible for overseeing plant operations management and continuous improvement activities.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, required.
* Masters in Business Administration, or equivalent, preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years of management experience in a complex, fast-paced manufacturing environment. Both maintenance and operations management, preferred.
* Implementing and leading a sustained continuous improvement culture in a manufacturing environment.
* Driving business results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, service and cost.
* Working with a diverse group of people.
* Management in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, including familiarity with SQF 2000 System, preferred.
* Ability to identify roadblocks to the continuous improvement efforts and actively remove/reduce them or escalate to the appropriate level.
* Act independently and proactively to influence others and implement change.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization.
* Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to apply strong analytical concepts and innovative approaches to complex business problems.
* Intrinsically motivated to achieve business results; has the ability to motivate others.
* Strong knowledge of practical lean manufacturing principles.
* Ability to teach and coach employees at all levels in the use of lean tools, presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner.
* Excellent project management skills.
* High personal standards of success; leads by example.
* Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project Manager, Excel and Word and various other business related applications.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.