This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilliporeSigma the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to be located in Kankakee, IL.
MilliporeSigma plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
The Operations Manager will be under the direction of the Site Manager and will direct, coordinate and oversee the planning, scheduling, material control and expediting of manufacturing for the timely production of all in-house manufactured materials. The Operations Manager will:
* Responsible for maintaining and updating manufacturing department information in the Quality System. This includes properly maintaining the departments controlled documents and records as well as adhering to the control of documents and records procedures and initiates corrective and preventive actions.
* Mange the manufacturing, packaging of all in-house material according to the master schedule, production schedule and shop-floor schedule and assigns projects to appropriate production scientists or to Group/Project Leaders and will monitor the progress of projects to ensure the completion of jobs in an efficient, economical and timely manner.
* Participate in strategic planning and establishing long range manufacturing objectives and be a principal stakeholder in the company s Sales and Operations planning Supply Review.
* Ensure that all OSHA and ISO 9001 requirements are being met within the area of responsibility, as well as maintain and monitor all safety training and compliance.
* Develop, maintain and review departmental budget and ensures that all expenses are within approved budget.
* Coordinate with Planning, Purchasing and Sales departments and communicated effectively of schedule needs and order status.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as supply chain groups (planning, purchasing, sourcing, distribution); sales, product management and marketing (especially custom sales) to promote business opportunities and QC/QA to monitor the quantity and quality of product.
* Mentor for direct and indirect reports and will maintain clear succession plan, perform evaluations of departmental employees, to include goals and objectives and will identify staff skill development through internal and external training and courses.
* Assist in providing lead time and price quotes/product cost information and the logistics of customized batch sizes for custom customers including cost and lead time of the production process.
* Be responsible to expedite rush and special orders if needed
* Ensure that the monthly budgeted labor hours are scheduled and realized.
* Monitors the labor and/ or material variances from completed work orders.
* Responsible for the logistics of customized batch sizes for custom customers including cost and lead time of the production process.
* Recognize the dynamics of the business and responds by changing the priorities of the projects on hand accordingly
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or related scientific discipline is required.
* An Advanced degree (i.e. MBA, PhD) is preferred
* A minimum of 5 years experience in an operations management position (manufacturing/production environment) is also required.
* Knowledge of MRP systems is required.
* Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred
* Business experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs is required.
* This position will also require the ability to understand the big picture, set appropriate expectations in challenging settings, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.