This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
Lithia Springs, GA
Under the direction of Senior Operations Managers on assigned shows, or show areas, proactively coordinate and develop all operational aspects of all Show-Site operations which are inclusive of Freight, Logistics and Decorating Delivery of the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible.
* Coordinate and develop all operational aspects of showsite operations which is inclusive of freight, Logistics, decorating, and sign hanging.
* Exhibit a basic understanding of all lines of business required for production of event or show.
* Develop fully integrated implementation plans for assigned show portfolio to ensure planned labor and show margins are met or exceeded
* Manage people and assets for all assigned shows, or assigned areas on shows to ensure direct costs are at or below plan.
* Ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labor, and rental equipment is performed to ensure accurate invoicing for the purpose of capturing all revenue.
* Provide assistance of the assigned operational show team in the countdown process for the purpose of developing Productivity Improvement Plans, Service Plans, and the clear documentation of process improvement. opportunities to be reviewed in Post Show Meetings.
* In conjunction with Senior Operations Manager, review all labor calls and staffing plans on assigned shows to ensure they are fact based and in alignment with the Implementation Plan, the show budget, and service requirement.
* Understand and properly interpret language presented in multiple and varying collective bargaining agreeements.
* Obtain and disseminate labor-tracking reports to operational team. Make on-site adjustments to ensure show margins are achieved.
* Manage the labor and productivity tracking and reporting process. Assist in show labor analysis.
* Implement GES SOP and Best Practices, and pro actively develop, test and share process improvements.
* Ensure complete and accurate documentation of grievances and disciplinary actions.
* Demonstrate an understanding of compliance requirements for OSHA, DOT and Safety Requirements, and manage teams to perform in accordance with such all regulatory requirements.
* Ensure damage and loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
* Coordinate activities with vendors and facilities.
* Coordinate activities with the house and logistics carriers.
* Manage all operations involving Union personnel within the guidelines and spirit of the current contract.
* Confidently engage both small and large groups in both team meetings as well as stand-up ("tailgate") discussions and presentations.
* Strive to provide superior service and delivery of quality products to our customers.
* Participate in the Performance Management Program. Complete peer reviews, and provide input to the Senior Operations Manager to help complete performance appraisals, objectives and goals.
* Other duties as assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
* High School Diploma or Equivelant Required
* College Degree preferred
* Required three (3) to seven (7) years in an operational environment, experience which was inclusive of management/supervisory functions. (hire, fire, discipline, coach, train and develop talent).
* Experience reading floor plans, and construction drawings and use of CAD and Adobe experience preferred
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Prefer LEAN Six Sigma project experience or other form of continuous improvement experience for operational processes.
* Must demonstrate ability to interface with individuals in a supervisory capacity as well as have the ability to comfortably interface with customers and senior level managers.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in basic financial and computer skills.
Critical Management Dimensions:
* Team player
* Adaptability & Composure
* Business & Financial Acumen
* Customer Service Orientated
* Problem Solving & Analysis
* Encourages and Demonstrates Collaboration
* Strategic Planning
* Influences Others without Formal Authority
* Develops Strong Talent
* Must be able to walk show floor in order to supervise crews
* Must be able to work extended hours based on schedule- includes weekends and evenings
* Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time if/as required.
* Must exhibit behavior in accordance with our core values. Integrity, teamwork, and customer service are essential to fitting into the organization and succeeding.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.