Operations Manager - Manufacturing Plant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title Operations Manager - Manufacturing Plant - WI #3365
Relocation Yes, but keep within a 400 mile radius
Location Beloit Wisconsin
Position is responsible for directing and managing plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production related activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages a staff of five (5) direct reports and 80 subordinates;
* Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, and wages;
* Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards;
* Control and minimize labor overtime and production rework;
* Provide leadership and training to direct reports and subordinates to accomplish company goals and objectives;
* Provide direction, development and leadership to production supervisors;
* Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded;
* Ensure implementation and evolution of safety program;
* Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices;
* Act as liaison between production floor and internal and external customers e.g. suppliers, managers, customers;
* Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization;
* Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business's objectives;
* Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations;
* Ensure adherence prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals;
* Implement Lean Manufacturing Initiatives and 5S standards
* Estimate costs and set quality standards;
* Select, train, and mentor subordinates.
For an individual to perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform the duties described above satisfactorily, as well as work closely with Team Members as needed to accomplish the task at hand. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required to fulfill these duties. Other duties as assigned.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet, MRP systems, and other resources;
* Management/supervision experiencepreferred;
* Proven track record in managing production;
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Good verbal and written communication skills;
* Professionalism and positive attitude is a must;
* Self-motivated, self-starter;
* Ability to use all extremities to efficiently operate manual tools and power tools;
* Ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all weather conditions;
* Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. BACHELOR\'S DEGREE REQUIRED. BACHELOR\'S IN ENGINEERING PREFERRED.
2. 5+ YEARS OF PLANT OR GENERAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT.
3. WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT OFFICE, INTERNET, MRP SYSTEMS, AND OTHER RESOURCES;
4. PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN MANAGING PRODUCTION.
5. Salary requirement