Operations Manager - Manufacturing Plant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
1) BACHELOR\'S IN ENGINEERING
2) 5+ YEARS OF PLANT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN A MANUFACTURING PLANT ONLY
3)TRACK RECORD OF HAVING MANAGED PLANT PRODUCTION-SUCCESSIVELY (REFERENCES)
Responsibility for directing and MANAGING PLANT OPERATIONS with overall responsibilities for _production, maintenance, quality and other production related activities._
* Manages a staff of five (5) direct reports and 80 subordinates;
* Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, and wages;
* Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards;
* Control and minimize labor overtime and production rework;
* Provide leadership and training to direct reports and subordinates to accomplish company goals and objectives;
* Provide direction, development and leadership to production supervisors;
* Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded;
* Ensure implementation and evolution of safety program;
* Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices;
* Act as liaison between production floor and internal and external customers e.g. suppliers, managers, customers;
* Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization;
* Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business's objectives;
* Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations;
* Ensure adherence prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals;
* Implement Lean Manufacturing Initiatives and 5S standards
* Estimate costs and set quality standards;
* Select, train, and mentor subordinates.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Good verbal and written communication skills;
* Professionalism and positive attitude is a must;
* Self-motivated, self-starter;
* Ability to use all extremities to efficiently operate manual tools and power tools;
* Ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all weather conditions;
* Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.