Operations Manager 9/18/2016
Emerald Performance Materials
Maple Shade, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Operations Manager for the Maple Shade facility is accountable for safe, efficient and cost effective operations in order to assure achievement of corporate objectives as well as consistent achievement of customer product quality and on-time delivery. He/she will provide leadership, direction, decision making, and stability for all plant employees including engineering, maintenance, production, process, product quality, inventory control and will work extensively and collaboratively with the VP of Operations and the EH&S Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Together with the VP of Operations develop plant objectives and priorities in order to achieve corporate goals and operating plan targets. Deploy these goals and objectives to staff, monitor progress towards achievement of goals and report results
* Provide key input into the development of plant operating plan and manage activities and spending to plan
* Continuously improve plant operations and facility, including in areas of production processing, maintenance, employee productivity, quality, inventory management, and overall safe and efficient operations through ideas, engineering, and innovations
* Report results according to KPI's and develop and implement plans to drive improvements
* Provide technical and managerial expertise to solve problems, make recommendations, and oversee implementation of improvements
* Work collaboratively with EH&S and assure plant operations complies with all program elements; assure supervisors and employees adhere to safety policies and programs and participate in required training
* Establish plant rules & procedures, communicate to managers & supervisors and oversee consistent application of these procedures and rules
* Set and communicate high standards for facility housekeeping/organization and assure consistent maintenance of these standards
* Select, coach and motivate plant employees
* Long range planning, objectives and budgeting
* Work collaboratively with HR in setting procedures, rules, policies, and guidelines for all employees
* Minimum 5 years production management experience in an industrial environment with chemical industrial experience a plus including a minimum of 3 years' experience leading and managing production, shipping, quality, and inventory control.
* Demonstrated record of managing or working collaboratively with engineering and maintenance to deliver expected results.
* Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or equivalent field.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values. Including:
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully manage staff at all levels (including hourly level) to achieve plant goals. Assertive in style, but respectful of others, and skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas
* Strong relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both with the ability to motivate staff, facilitate change, and influence peers. Proven self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment
* High energy, self-motivated, and hands-on management style working with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement using an analytic and metrics based approach including solving process technical problems as well as staff issues