This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Operations Manager opening to join our Manufacturing organization.
Day to Day:
What you will do:
The Operations Leader is responsible for managing and leading all Production functions across the entire value stream. Key to this requirement is ensuring full compliance with all FAA and other regulatory standards, an ability to drive Continuous Improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Turn Time and Productivity. The Operation Leader will also be responsible for ensuring that Quality standards are built into the flow of all repairs and processes. Additionally, the Operations Leader will set the tone and lead the Cell Leaders in managing their teams with effectiveness and accountability. Central to this effort, he/she must provide daily guidance, mentorship, and coaching to enable each Cell leader and or Cell Lead to reach their full-potential while achieving a workplace that delivers consistently high results. Additional responsibilities may include leading and/or participating in cross functional teams that support business specific or broader operational initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
~PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accountable for delivering successful operational support along each step of the repair life-cycle. Both directly and indirectly, required to manage and lead all WIP throughput functions and processes.
* Work closely with each Cell Leader and or Cell Lead to evaluate the overall performance and productivity of their assigned responsibilities. This collaborative approach will be the basis for positioning to achieve operational success across the entire value stream.
* Must exhibit confidence in times of change or uncertainty, openly support organizational goals, and be skilled at presenting professional, technical, and financial information to large groups of people. Must be organized, articulate, and a highly effective multi-tasker.
* Effectively manages and achieves Overtime (OT) and labor diversion targets. Maximizes productivity and output of each work cell and works closely with Cell Leaders to achieve managed labor. Establishes and maintains an effective workforce structure that supports all elements of the business.
* Reviews shop performance and OTD data to determine improvements needed to deliver the required business and performance expectations.
* Responsible for metric analysis, management reporting, expense and capital budget management, and approval of other shop support resources as needed to deliver results.
* Responsible for working directly with the Site leader for setting and achieving all financial targets, including the annual budget for each time period measured. Creating, validating, and delivering financial forecasts is also required. Must also understand how to effectively analyze and report findings of financial changes to senior management.
* Work on special projects or programs as assigned by senior management.
* Lead Cell Leaders and or Cell Leads in the areas of HR, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, progressive discipline, and career succession. Works closely with each Cell Leader and or Cell Lead to develop a toolbox of personal, leadership, and operational skills that are needed to support a diverse and changing work environment. The Operations Manager, in conjunction with input from the supervisor, will routinely make final decisions and/or recommendations to HR, or higher management, for action as appropriate.
* Key decision-maker who must regularly take action to ensure the facility can operate and function as needed to achieve its goals, often with little or no input from higher management. Must be decisive and capable of effectively reaching conclusions in order to keep things moving toward resolution.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe and stable work environment for all employees.
* Maintains an open-door policy and encourages all employees to utilize it.
* Recommends and supports the implementation of lean improvements and 5S across all operations.
* Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
* Drive a culture of CPEx; bring rigor, focus and execution, of operational improvements by establishing and leveraging best practices from both internal and external sources.
* Optimize operational performance through appropriate planning and deployment of resources including CPEX, SIOP, Asset & Labor Utilization, and Productivity
* Manage and ensure organizational capacity, maintenance, training and resources are appropriate to meet and anticipate the current/future states of the business.
* Build trusted and collaborative customer relationships through knowledge, commitment, consistent results. Deploy resources necessary to ensure excellent customers care and execution from all levels of the organization.
* Support the development of new product offerings in line with Chromalloy s corporate strategy and global market trends.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of five (5) years of progressive Operations Management experience, preferably in an aviation setting
* Bachelor s Degree in Business or Aerospace Management from an accredited College or University
* Demonstrated track record of leadership in increasingly responsible positions
* Strong computer skills, particularly advanced user of Microsoft Office products
* Sufficient combination of skills, experience, and education.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.