This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Operations Manager will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Effectively manage on-time performance and driver availability.
* Effectively manage all call center functions.
* Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
* Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
* Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
* Assist in overseeing safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
* Contributes to maintain the safety culture of the division.
* Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
* Assist with conducting periodic departmental audits.
* Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
* Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Participates in location labor and employee relations activities.
* At least two (2) years of experience in a managerial position.
* Experience in a fixed route position and have experience in scheduling and personnel management and training.
* Must be able to work independently and have strong written and verbal skills.
* Knowledge of the contractual obligations is a must to perform this job correctly and knowledge of company policy assures that the field operator is using consistent measures to assess a drivers' activity.
* Computer and financial skills required.
* Time management skills and HR skills.
* Experience working with a Fixed Route Operation.
* Working knowledge of MS Office.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* High degree of multi-tasking skills.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.