Operations Manager - Pipeline - Broken Arrow, OK
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Operations Manager - Pipeline
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Oversee field inspection of projects including scheduling of manpower; meeting production goals, safety oversight and scope change documentation to ensure customer satisfaction each and every time. Manage indirect office staff for support functions (admin, invoicing, accounts payable, etc)
This position is expected to supervise SGS field operations, which may consist of up to 60 employees
* Conduct performance evaluations and recommend pay increases, promotions, transfers, and other personnel actions
* Participate in regular departmental meetings to maintain an informed staff in areas such as current projects, business climate and any changes in policy and procedure
* Oversee individual employee development and training
Reports to: General Manager Pipeline
* Responsible for developing a complete understanding of prospective and existing client needs and expectations of SGS, and assuring needs and expectations are met the first time
* Manage ongoing communication between field personnel, office personnel and the client
* Travel as needed to meet SGS and client needs
* Ensure that safety is not compromised and that all safety requirements of every job are met
* Oversee the execution of field work scope, activities and objectives for projects
* Coordinate activities with other SGS managers and the client
* Participate in kick off meetings determining client needs
* Interface with client to ensure objectives are met
* Interface with SGS office personnel, such as CAD, QA/QC, Engineering, etc., as needed to ensure the field aspects of the project are being effectively executed
* Review and approve, if justified, increases in field work scope
* Provide information and guidance to field crews to ensure that the required work is complete and accurate
* Visit existing and prospective clients as needed to build and develop relationships, answer questions, transmit information and concerns, resolve issues, and otherwise meet the needs of the clients and SGS
* Integrate and grow the business in accordance with Strategic Growth Initiatives
* Promote and enforce a safe working culture and environment
* Actively participate in safety initiatives and scheduled safety meetings
* Review and approve field paperwork, reports, and timesheets on a daily basis for timely release to invoicing
Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ambient room temperatures and lighting, moderate noise level and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Job may also involve exposure to the natural elements of the outside environment and elevated noise levels when performing functions related to the job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsiblilites that are required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science degree in business management, engineering or equivalent preferred
* Five or more years of management or advanced UT field experience
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment; exhibiting initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
* Strong commitment to a safe working environment
* Strong project management and planning skills such as planning, organizing, directing, monitoring and reporting of project activities
* Strong interpersonal skills such as tact, diplomacy, persuasion, cooperataion and ability to motivate others
* Effective communication skills including verbal, written, listening and report writing
* Ability to present information to all levels of management, both internal and external
* Be a team player, self-motivated and driven to see a project through to delivery and thrive in a dynamic work environment
* Competent in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, flow-charting, and project scheduling
* General knowledge of relevant industry standards, codes, procedures and definitions
* Prior management experience or advanced NDT field experience required
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.