Operations Manager- Primary Care (FT, 40 hrs, Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OPPORTUNITY
OPERATIONS MANAGER- PRIMARY CARE (FT, 40 HRS, DAYS)
JOB ID 3036654 DATE POSTED 09/15/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Provides administrative oversight, business management, and program development for one or more ambulatory services. Ensures optimal patient access, customer satisfaction, and cost-effective management of the practice. Works in collaboration with the Medical Director(s) and the Nurse Manager in a matrix management team. Supervises all administrative and non-clinical support staff. Monitors compliance with managed care plans. Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness in all practices. Identifies opportunities to increase patient volume and services while continuing to control expenses in the corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with the practices and the management team to develop and implement long and short range business plans for practices. Meets regularly with the appropriate clinical leaders in each practice.
* Analyzes information, develops strategies to improve operations and enhance service delivery; implements changes in conjunction with and advise from the management team. Acts as the liaison with other hospital departments to resolve problems that interfere with the efficient operation of the practices.
* Develops practice performance standards in conjunction with the management team. Monitors practice performance regularly against those standards and prepares and implements steps to bring the practice into conformance with those standards. Develops management reports to measure provider productivity, assesses patient demand for services, determines patient satisfaction and otherwise evaluates the effectiveness of the practices operations. Develops and implements cost-effective operational adjustments as appropriate to enhance practice efficiency.
* Controls purchase and distribution of supplies in the practices. Establishes and maintains inventory system of supplies. Works with providers and vendors to procure cost-effective purchases and provide inventory control.
* Attends management meetings, and participates in other hospital committees as required. Complies with BMC managerial expectations, such as regular attendance at managers meetings, safety training, annual diversity training, etc.
* Calls, prepares agenda for, and participates in monthly meetings with all practice personnel, in consultation with the management team. Prepares follow-up work plans to items discussed at the practice meetings, and monitors completion of identified projects and tasks. Communicates BMC and/or practice priorities and essential information to staff on a regular basis.
* Maximizes the use of physical space by coordinating the use and assignment of practices office and examination space.
* Creates and maintains the Policy and Procedure Manuals.
* Ensures that practices provide service/care that meets or exceeds patient care standards.
* Seeks patient feedback on service delivery for both providers and staff, taking immediate steps to respond to any complaints or indications of insufficient levels of service.
* Ensures that all staff recognizes that customers are both internal (employees, physicians, other departments) and external (patients, families, insurers) and demonstrates skills appropriate to good service (reliability, empathy, courtesy, etc.). Ensures that staff responds promptly and appropriately to customer needs. Ensure that staff effectively communicates with customers to address needs and problems.
* Ensures that staff maintains confidentiality for all patient interactions.
* Develops, monitors, and revises the practices schedules to ensure efficient patient flow and access. Works closely with the appropriate Medical Director and/or physicians to adjust provider schedules to account for planned absences.
* Reviews monthly statistical reports with information regarding numbers of patients scheduled for each practice, number of appointment no-shows, number of sessions cancelled by providers, etc. Prepares special and periodic reports for the management team. Develops and implements strategies to improve patient access, in collaboration with practices and hospital leadership.
* Provides close oversight and supervision of the registration process within the department. Ensures that all staff is adequately trained, and serves as the practices expert with regard to registration and billing functions. Monitors staff adherence to practices policies and procedures. Supervises the insurance eligibility verification process. Establishes controls to oversee the accuracy and completeness of information entered into the patient information systems by clerical staff. Performs frequent quality audits; runs registration quality and duplicate registration reports a minimum of once per week, and resolves errors immediately.
* Ensures that all requirements for billing third party payers are met. Monitors production reports on a weekly basis to ensure charges are submitted in accordance with organizational standards. Ensures compliance with corporate billing protocols. Develops and maintains a good working relationship with billing vendor. Prepares monthly reports on accounts receivable for review and analysis. Works closely with billing vendor to evaluate areas of needed improvement. Makes recommendations for improvements and upon approval, implements and monitors account receivable status.
* Supervises the charge entry operation, and ensures that all charges are entered within twenty-four business hours of the service date. Monitors billing edit report on a daily basis, and is accountable for the immediate correction of errors. Establishes a charge reconciliation process to ensure 100% revenue capture; runs missing E & M and other financial reports on a regular basis. Monitors coding requirements and submissions to maximize revenue and comply with regulations. Annually reviews fee schedule to ensure appropriateness of charge level. Keeps up to date on laws, regulations and healthcare trends that affect the practices business systems and operations.
* Develops the annual operating budget in collaboration with clinical leaders, and monitors expenditures regularly