Operations Manager - Research Animal Facility
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Academic institution located in the Boston Metro Area is looking for an Operations Manager for a BSL 2, 3 & 4 animal research facility. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Assistant Director and be tasked with managing the institutions' ASC animal biocontainment facilities with primary attention focused on the BSL-4 facility and potential other ABSL animal facilities within the medical campus.
SALARY: 79 - 89 K / year
The OM reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for:
* Oversight of the overall facility, personnel coordination and day to day operations of the animal facilities in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and policies and AAALAC and institutional guidelines and objectives.
* Managing supervisors and technicians with the goal of ensuring compliance with all SOPs, and accurate, efficient and safe execution of animal research projects.
* Leading the technical competence and development of skills including team work, communication and problem solving within the facility.
* Assisting in the development and maintenance of comprehensive, approved standard operating procedures (SOP) incorporating all operational aspects of animal research project completion.
* Actively participating in guidance, ongoing training and performance standards for personnel working in animal biocontainment areas.
* Bachelor's Science Degree.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience as supervisor/manager.
* Master's degreerequired in the fields of biology, microbiology, virology, or other related sciences.
* Exceptional leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.