Operations Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A highly successful heavy industrial manufacturing company in the Bay area is looking for an Operations Manager to lead and direct operations to meet customer requirements in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner. This individual coordinates all activities on the West Coast including two marine terminals, a blend plant and solids warehousing. Develops plans and implements those plans to elevate the performance and coordination of the operation.
* Works with employees and collaboratively with Management, to meet customer requirements and production targets.
* Ensure a safe and environmentally responsible operation within regulatory compliance.
* Work closely with external business personnel to manage terminal operations.
* Monitor raw material supply chain to the West Coast against forecast; work with Corporate Planning to coordinate supply on the west coast. Expedites finished orders and manages deliveries.
* Work with staff to positively affect performance of the organization and to meet plant objectives.
* Develop and implement plans and programs aimed at improving the individual capabilities of the staff at the location - with a primary focus on the operations and maintenance groups in the organization.
* Actively work with personnel to anticipate problems before they occur, institutionalize processes for learning from operational problems and/or maintenance issues.
* Manage the development of plans, resources and scope for projects.
* Manage the expense budget to meet the targets, have input into the capital budget process. Monitor, manage and minimize the cost of operations.
* Lead business process improvement initiatives for all locations.
* Lead and direct the shift operators, monitoring performance acknowledging strengths and addressing performance issues.
* Develop close relationships with external business partners to accomplish goals
* Work with extended lead times for raw material supply
* Collaborate and work with raw material supply chain from multiple locations
* Work with California Regulatory Environment
* Work in a multi-lingual environment
* Ensure quality standards are met
* Lead and implement change in culture
* Ensure safety of processes
Education and Experience:
* 5-8 Years of experience in manufacturing and supply chain
* Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain
* 5 Years' of Management experience
* Experience with robust ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
* Knowledge of California work rules and regulations