This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title s Mortgage Solutions division is a member of the First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of companies. First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. The Mortgage Solutions division provides title insurance settlement services, signing services, portfolio analytics, retention and acquisition services; property valuations; and default solutions for the mortgage banking industry. In fact, Mortgage Solutions works with a multitude of people across the entire origination, servicing and default continuum, and has helped close millions of real estate transactions nationwide. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/
Directs or manages the day-to-day operations of a segment of the organization s operations in non-manufacturing environments in compliance with established policies and procedures. Participates in developing, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures for the organization. Ensures employee conformance to established practices and proper training of staff. Prepares related reports and audits current procedures to monitor efficiency of operations. Instills the notion within all employees at all levels of the organization that the business unit s primary goal is to provide the highest quality service possible to all of our customers.
* Ensures that his/her area service center, branch office or department is profitable
* Manages the operating activities of an area service center, branch office or department
* Understands and is responsible for a variety of functional departments within an area service center, branch office or department
* Assures that all employees within area of responsibility are working towards a common goal
* Participates in the decision process regarding capital expenditures and asset redeployment activities
* Responsible for adherence to operating budget guidelines regarding all expenses
* Participates in the development of both short and long range plans for the organization
* Actively participates in all activities which support the organization s goals and objectives
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5-7 years directly related experience
* Solid administrative skills; management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Planning skills as well as skills in analysis and negotiation
* Participative management style- advocate team concepts
* Must be able to establish credibility and be decisive, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization s preferences and priorities