Operations Manager - SimplexGrinnell
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
OPERATIONS MANAGER INLAND EMPIRE AND LOS ANGELES
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Responsible for the creation of design drawings and submittals (system drawings, bill of material, calculations, technical manuals, "as-built", etc.) for fire alarm systems and track for design approval.
* Under general supervision, ability to exercise independent judgment to compare alternate courses of action and make a decision after considering the options, Understand customer needs in making day-to-day decisions and provide feedback or occasionally take action on changes in customer requirements.
* Should have basic understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to fire alarm systems. Identify, define and develop solutions to issues that are not immediately evident in existing processes and systems.
* Work as a team player to technically support our sales team, technicians, CAD drafters, and project managers through the delivery cycle.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelors degree, preferably in a business or engineering discipline.
* Minimum (5) five years experience in management of district operation activities and industry experience.
* Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration and effective interaction with customer/company management.
* Must obtain and retain NICET Level II Certification or higher.
* Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal codes required.
* Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems.