This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural propane needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: The primary purpose of the Operations Manager is to manage training and performance of the Driver, Service Tech and Material Handler compared to planned performance. This includes but is not limited to being a subject matter expert on all Driver, Service Tech, and Material Handler methods to coach, mentor and train those positions to perform at the highest level of safety and efficiency. This position requires high safety standards, technical knowledge and skills to ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures and regulations. This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field, and 5-8 years of experience managing employees in a field operational environment.
* Ensures accountability for actual performance of Drivers and Service Techs compared to planned performance
* Ensures accountability for performance of service quality and productivity metrics
* Act as the subject matter expert on Driver and Service Tech methods, Technical Operations (Safety) and handheld technology
* Manages route productivity, audits routes, on vehicle supervision and audits service and installation work
* Reviews and manages vehicle, Employee and DOT compliance to prevent out of compliance issues
* Manages month end inventory processes and reporting
* Collaborates with Service Center Management to ensure safety meetings are complete and on call schedules are in place and communicated
* Ensures that employees comply with Company safety policies and procedures and follow applicable laws and regulations; taking action when unsafe behavior or safety concerns arise
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
* 5-8 years of experience managing employees in a field operations environment
* DOT or propane gas experience
* CDL with hazmat endorsement - must obtain within 90 days of start date
* Mechanical and Technical Aptitude
* Demonstrated ability to study, learn and apply code requirements as needed
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and time management skills
* Ability to manage multiple locations
* Ability to formulate and direct data analyses pertaining to field operations processes to identify problems and resolutions
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage assets
* Ability to organize and motivate in leading by example
* Ability to thrive in a constantly changing chaotic environment and consistently meet tight deadlines
* Ability and willingness to 35% regional travel
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: operations, manage, transportation, DOT, OSHA, training, coaching, supervise, propane, LP