Operations Risk Manager 9/8/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO:
Head of Operations
The Operations Risk Manager is responsible for overseeing insurance claims processes and implementing risk procedures across the platform to mitigate risk and improve customer service.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and serving as a member of the management team, this position's primary responsibility is to drive improvement in claims expense and risk monitoring within the New York City region by transforming the organization's claims and risk function to benefit from industry leading practices.
Working with the management and parking location team, the position will lead the business transformation of the claims and risk function. This individual will provide hands-on leadership regarding organizational strategies, policies and practices within the risk function and will be the internal champion for this transformation.
With over $8mm in claims annually in NYC and 200 new claims per week, this individual has the opportunity to significantly impact the profitability for the company and the NY division.
For claims handling, the successful candidate will create efficiencies in a currently centralized, high-volume manual claims process. The candidate will leverage existing tools within the company and new industry leading opportunities identified and piloted for success.
As part of the risk transformation, this individual will develop a cohesive safety training program for parking employees and, in the long term, will seek to identify other areas in which to improve operational efficiencies.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Streamline the centralized processing of claims to improve customer service and financial returns
* Develop policies for claims, training, and other operational requirements
* Build safety training programs for the company's on-site NY valet parking staff
* Oversee and manage four claims handlers
* 10+ years of experience in risk, claims management and operations
* Strong understanding of risk policy and claims processes
* Ability to operate effectively in an HQ light deployment model
* Experience transitioning operational practices from manual to automated; experience creating significant operational efficiencies
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
* Excellent project management skills with well-developed planning and organizational abilities
* Exceptional communication skills
* Analytical acumen
* 'Hands-on' orientation
* Understanding technology to create efficient processes
* Ability to synthesize complex information and
* High level of personal motivation/self-starter
* Fluent in English and Spanish
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
* B.A. / B.S. and minimum ten years' experience (in insurance underwriting, claims and industry experience)
* MBA, CPCU, ARM or other insurance designations or equivalent experience a plus