Operations Specialist I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Owings Mills, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR AN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Premium Accounting Service Center (PASC) group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Owings Mills, MD. As an Operations Specialist I, you will report directly to the Operations Manager II.
YOUR IMPACT AS AN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST I
POSITION SUMMARY: Investigate payment and premium accounting inquiries from Aon offices, policy centers, and insurance carriers ensuring timely and accurate responses utilizing analytical expertise.
* Ensure all requests are processed or updated with comments daily.
* Search for and close all open request drafts that have been created and not submitted for processing.
* Forward all initial requests received from the account service team and markets to the Client Connection mailbox.
* Provide timely response to both internal and external client phone calls and emails.
* Follow up on all open discrepancies weekly, escalating requests as necessary.
* Provide innovative and creative solutions to complex issues.
* Review client accounts to identify issues proactively and work with the account service team and markets to resolve.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 1-3 years of customer service or bookkeeping experience.
* An understanding of entry level accounting.
* Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
* Efficient in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
* Works with minimal supervision and ensures tasks are completed on time without error and up to quality standards.
* 1-2 years of insurance experience.
* High School Diploma.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421081
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, MD, Owings Mills