Operations Specialist III - International
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Operations Specialist III performs high level specialized operational securities processing activities in support of the firm s business lines. S/he is a subject matter specialist typically dealing with moderately complex issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. These activities include; instruction receipt and authentication, entry instruction and verification (dual controls), processing and recording, reporting and acknowledgement, and reconciliation. Some areas where these activities would take place include Trade Entry, Foreign Exchange Processing, Trade Settlement, Corporate Action Processing, and Research Notification.
1. Securities Processing
* Process transactions.
* Verify information.
* Manage daily volume.
* Perform intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work.
* Help to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
2. Client Service
* Provide superior client service.
* Ensure timely response to internal and external requests.
* Follow up on open inquiries.
* Help to identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposure.
* Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues.
* Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
* Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
* Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement activities.
* Assist in the development and production of monthly management reporting.
* Assist team members with day to day activities when needed/ providing backup.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE(S)
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
* 1 to 2 years of Global Custody experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (general and technical)
* Proven knowledge of one or more product area within Operations and its process.
* Ability to perform technical responsibilities of the job with a high level of competence.
* Aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis and resolution of a problem.
* Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task and effectively juggle assignments.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.