Operations Supervisor - AMR of Baltimore, MD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE: Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: AMR Baltimore
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/ Fulltime
**Internal applicants may only submit their application through SuccessFactors on the internal company portal**
SUMMARY: The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Manager of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field employees in his/her assigned area.
* Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
* Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
* May prepare employee evaluations and field crew contact reports.
* Ensure PCR's and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
* Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action.
* Provide staff counseling and guidance and information regarding AMR operations.
* Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and counseling staff.
* Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units.
* Implement and enforce company policies and standards.
* Perform direct ALS patient care activities.
* Maintain communication with other agencies and departments.
* Serve on committees with other departments to set policies and generate ideas.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Director of Operations.
* Maintain availability during disaster situations or mass casualty incidents and assist in any capacity needed.
* Attend scheduled meetings as required by the Operation Manager.
* Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies.(i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)
* Responsible for supervising, directing and developing subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling sessions, etc.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining department budgets.
* Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
* Direct AMR resources during mass casualty/disaster operations.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.Report information systems security problems.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
* Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties required.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
High school diploma or GED. Current CPR, PHTLS, and ACLS certification, or equivalent credentials. Some advanced education preferred.
* Three years EMS experience required;
* EMT field experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be able to function as a field paramedic performing direct ALS patient care activities.
* Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
* Microsoft office experience. Thorough knowledge of system status management.
* Effective oral and written and Interpersonal communication skills.