- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Operations Supervisor (Birmingham)
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Operations Area Supervisor of will provide leadership to create an environment that promotes teamwork, continuous improvement and a high level of service and customer satisfaction.
The Operations Area Supervisor drives the operational strategy and is the liaison with technicians, upper management, and facilities. The position is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of service rental offerings in a specific geographic market that will generate growth, process improvement, and profit in the branch. The position is responsible for overseeing fundamental operational initiatives, in addition to managing materials, inventory (equipment, accessories and disposables), vehicle fleet maintenance, daily logistics of personnel and equipment.
The Operations Area Supervisor will effectively supervise branch technicians. The Operations Area Supervisor will review the daily schedule to ensure optimal utilization of assets and personnel. The Operations Area Supervisor will act and perform as required by UHS standards and protocols and ensure that their subordinates do the same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Maintain the appropriate levels of reusable and disposable inventory through daily schedule management and accurate weekly inventories to insure the branch is adequately staffed and supplied to cover all currently booked cases two weeks out.
* Accurately complete next day case assignments ensuring the most cost effective allocation of technicians, equipment and vehicles by 5pm the day before.
* Effectively address and resolve scheduling questions/conflicts with the scheduling office and direct management.
* Maintain and motivate a staff capable of working within the Operations System and Policies to achieve desired branch and company results.
* Maintain relationships with facilities to ensure clear communications and cooperation.
* Act as liaison between hospitals, physicians and UHS to maximize procedures, and eliminate problems and conflicts.
* Maintain proper protocol for scheduling and confirming all procedures.
* Coordinate all pick-up, and deliveries to and from facilities and freight companies.
* Ensure that all employees complete and submit all work orders, laser logs, payroll and inventory accurately and in a timely manner to UHS and within UHS timeframes.
* Ensure that all technicians comply with the Fiber Warranty Policy for all types of disposables.
* Ship all manual work orders, laser logs, warranty fibers and paperwork once a week (Friday) if applicable.
* Maintain the UHS standards of quality assurance and continued quality improvement of all UHS equipment, vehicles and accessories.
* Monitor PM status and Coordinate equipment PM s and repair with management and designated vendors.
* Prepare and conduct all annual performance appraisals and disciplinary warnings on all technicians in accordance to company policy.
* Assist in the hiring and training of all new technicians.
* Maximize net profit ensuring that all costs are within guidelines.
* Maintain the protocol for on call schedules within the district.
* Maintain the schedule and standards for the vehicle fleet service with regional management.
* Ensure all Branch Purchase Orders are collected as required by the Purchase Order Collection Policy.
* Perform cases as required.
* Share on call status equally, with all other technicians in the branch.
* Will travel when required.
* Maintain the cleanliness of all UHS Equipment, Vehicles and offices.
* Must report to work on time and on a regular basis.
* All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently and regularly throughout the day, required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle; or feel objects; tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk and hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and/or push/pull equipment requiring 75 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. There will be exposure to heat greater 80 degrees and cold less than 60 degrees in the outdoors.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Birmingham - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Operations Area Supervisor
Universal Hospital Services