This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Operations Supervisor is responsible for driving business results and store culture through process execution across all backroom and office operations and activities. This includes effective leadership and coaching in the key areas of expense management, process execution, member experience, and member service. Maintains an effective balance between member experience and process functions.
Responsible for managing process execution and the backroom and office of the store. Drives operational results through effective process execution and member interactions. May act as Manager on Duty (MOD) as needed.Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Drives and monitors process execution across the store, as measured by the Retail Excellence dashboard, and member experience metrics. Partners with other Supervisor(s) as needed to ensure smooth handoffs and partnership across teams.
* Responsible for day-to-day execution in the backroom and office, across all receiving, merchandise pickup, and product repair, return to vendor and preventive maintenance processes, ensuring associates understand member experience, member interaction expectations, and key responsibilities. Teaches and models expected behaviors that lead to the right member experience. Analyzes team and associate-level metrics to drive continuous improvement opportunities with associates and other teams.
* Ensures effective inventory management. Facilitates completion of stock locator audits and related processes to keep track of merchandise. Facilitates shipping of merchandise for ship-from-store and return to vendor processes.
* Works with associates, and other teams as needed to:
- Facilitates merchandise receipt and dock to floor within expected timeframes.
- Ensures appropriate warehouse and stockroom management (e.g., stock locator accuracy, return to vendor, merchandise return notifications, member order bin verification).
- Supports resets and fixture display.
- Ensures effective stockroom processes and member interactions (e.g., MPU, Ready in Five).
- Ensure effective office processes.
* Demonstrates understanding of the Shop Your Way rewards program and appropriate use of integrated retail tools, and is able to convey the value to both associates and members.
* Assists the Store Manager in setting clear expectations for associates' performance and behavior, provides ongoing observations and conducts regular coaching sessions, and holds associates accountable for results. Initiates performance management processes (e.g., performance reviews, performance improvement plans) with approval and in partnership with the Store Manager. Provides input to Store Manager on hourly employment decisions. Ensures associates are up-to-date on relevant processes, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW member experience. Accurately documents associate observations and conducts regular coaching sessions. Assists in creating action plans for their development based on feedback from observations, store walks, member interactions and other sources. Provides needed support, resulting in a store culture where associates can be successful.
* Adheres to the Operations Supervisor scheduling requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Ability to analyze information, identify root cause, and develop and implement approved solutions * Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers
* Ability to manage and coach team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups, and achieve results
* Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Skill in selecting, assessing, coaching, and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
Age Requirement: 18+Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.