This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
- Under minimal supervision, performs tasks required for efficient operation of all functions in natural gas compressor station, including reciprocating and electrical horsepower, reciprocating compressors and other functions, systems, and equipment. Responsible for ensuring proper flows, temperatures, pressures, and levels. Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to operate compressor station using a PLC control system
- Recognizes equipment abnormalities. Communicates with maintenance regarding significant repairs.
- Responsible for recording of parameter values, completion of operating reports, notification of environmental deviations, and equipment lockout/tag-out for maintenance and repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Significant mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply information in operating and equipment manuals.
- Physical capabilities of standing, walking, bending, climbing ladders and stairs, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Monitors operations daily to maximize efficiency.
- Plans and schedules work for employees.
- Purchases materials for plant operations.
- Monitors operating expenses; cost control.
- Builds and maintains capital and expense budgets.
- Trains and develops skills of existing and new employees.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports of operations.
- Develops and Implements operating procedures.
- Attends Safety meetings and is an active leader in safety programs.
- Complies with company policies concerning regulatory compliance.
- Participates in company provided training.
- Must possess good people skills.
- Ability to delegate duties and assignments
- Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- 5 years general experience in the oil/gas industry.
- 5 years' operating experience in the oil/gas industry.
- Experience in reciprocating compressors.
- Experience in transportation pipeline operations
- Experience with DOT part 192
- Basic computer use skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High school or GED education.
- Take call to relieve other employees as needed
- Preferred Skills:
Past experience as supervisor/lead
10+ years' experience in gas compression and pipeline
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications