Operations Supervisor - Medical Center Support Services Call Center (BUS TCHL SUPP SUPV 2) 9/17/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Operations Supervisor - Medical Center Support Services Call Center (BUS TCHL SUPP SUPV 2)
Finance & I.T.
40 ; 100%
Med Cntr Support Svcs Call Cnt
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Operations Supervisor (Supervisor) is responsible for monitoring the day-to-day activities of the MCSS Help Desk (MCSS HD) with primary responsibilities over the MCSS Agent immediate Call Center team as well as lending support to other MCSS department agents in Clinical Engineering, Facilities Maintenance, Hospitality Services, Material Services, and Safety Services.
The Supervisor plays a key role in providing technical support and business support to a wide spectrum of customers including physicians, nurses, faculty, staff, students, and affiliates. The Supervisor ensures a positive experience is delivered in every customer interaction by maintaining a strong team focused on incident resolution and timely request fulfillment to ensure highest and best patient care.
This person is also responsible for the scheduling of service desk staff and managing the daily queue of incoming calls and tickets. He/she is the first approval level for new applications, changes in workflow and/or procedures and the distribution of these changes to the staff; including administering of invoices, purchase requisitions and the like.
He/she will have oversight over staff training material and ensuring that all staff complete all required trainings. He/she will also be responsible for all metrics related to the performance of the MCSS Help Desk and the MCSS Help Desk Agent interdepartmental Knowledge Base proficiency requirements, training and growth.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Minimum three years relevant work experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
* Ability to lead, coach, and mentor teams and individuals
* Ability to bring service-related issues to a successful resolution with little or no external support/intervention
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Ability to develop, review and approve clear procedures process documentation for MCSS HD use
* Ability to develop and write procedures and guidelines for MCSS HD use
* Ability to speak clearly and logically with customers and successfully resolve
* Strong communications skills both oral/written
* Ability to teach others effective communication skills
* Ability to effectively facilitate and work with: peers, customers, vendors, and employees
* Ability to facilitate resolution to escalated issues
* Foresees incident and service-degradation-causing issues and takes steps to avoid or resolve them proactively
* Reinforces organizational goals and policy and procedures at all time
* Maintains accountability for daily performance and competency development of the team
* Maintains professional and productive interaction with thousands of UCSF employees from multiple of locations
* Deep understanding of distributing computing concepts in a Microsoft domain environment, including file share
* Extended application skills, Microsoft Office tools
* Experience with Active Directory administration as well as strong conceptual understanding
* Significant contribution to and impact on organization with consistent high-quality delivery, contribution, and output through incident resolution and customer satisfaction
* A robust environment of mature Incident processes
* Solutions driven and able to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and /or quality of the services provided by the MCSS Help Desk- Call Center, Clinical Engineering, Facilities, Hospitality Material Services, Safety Services teams
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Previous supervisory experience
* Strong enterprise multi-platform IT experience, including , including ServiceNow, Cisco ACD
* Minimum five year customer service experience or supporting end-users in Microsoft based client/server environment
* A+, MCP, MSCE, MSCA, CCNA, or Apple
* ITIL Foundations v3
* HDI Certifications
* Experience and knowledge of printer technology, especially the HP line of printers. Additionally, a general understanding of Windows and Unix/AIX network operating system
* General network knowledge, including network connectivity from faceplate to hub, and ability to troubleshoot potential network problems
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up