Operations Supervisor - Part Time - UPS Freight
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONUPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking a part-time Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
This person will be responsible to:
* Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
* Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
* Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
* Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
* Work with Central Dispatch to develop a linehaul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
* Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company s run bid process, and service requirements
Previous dock operations and/or supervision experience within the transportation industry preferred.
Position is approximately 27-30 hours a week. UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity