Operations Supervisor 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
JOB PURPOSE: The Operations Supervisor supervises, directs, trains and assists staff in performing applicable support function such as mail operations, file operations, data entry, adjudication, and FDNS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS):
* Supervises five or more employees.
* Supervises day to day operations ensuring that work performed in his/her functional area is performed to optimum quality standards and provides procedures and retraining to employees in the section.
* Supervises the progressive discipline process within their area of responsibility and makes recommendations for promotions and terminations. Initiates performance reviews for employees under their area of responsibility.
* Uses independent judgment to assign work to employees based on site needs to meet production or quality requirements (objectives/goals).
* Ensures timely delivery of all deliverables as they relate to that functional area.
* Tracks the progress of all activities in his/her functional area and makes adjustments to achieve objectives. Reports the status to the contract Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, or Regional Manager as appropriate.
* Assists staff in performing daily support functions when needed.
* Reviews and approves the daily production report of each employee assigned, paying particular attention to their achievement of performance standards on a daily basis and tracks for performance development discussions.
* Interviews and assesses applicants and makes recommendations for employee selection.
* Trains new employees and conducts refresher training for current employees.
* Ensures that the SOP for his/her area of responsibility is used, understood, and kept up to date.
* Conducts frequent internal quality audits.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
* Some college preferred
* U.S. Citizenship required
* External candidates must have at least three (3) years of supervisory experience in a records management program or production environment
* Internal Candidates that demonstrate the attributes needed to meet the requirements of this position and leadership capabilities, through at least one (1) year of performance on the contract, meet direct supervisory experience requirement.
* Must qualify for a security clearance and a Secret Clearance.
* Computer skills required: MS Office
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Operations Supervisor must be able to push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office/production environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.